Visit my latest project, The World Cocktail Brain, now hosted at WebBrain.com. The WCB is a new way to expand your cocktail knowledge, discover new recipes, find cocktail facts and more in a dynamic, new viewing environment. It may take a few seconds to load, but it's worth waiting for! Click on this link to open The World Cocktail Brain in new tab/window. Click on this link to open My Blog Roll embedded in The World Cocktail Brain.
Sunday, December 30, 2012
Wednesday, December 19, 2012
|Scofflaw Cocktail will put your Grenadine to good use.|
- 1 cup + 1 oz. Bakers’ Sugar
- 1 cup Pomegranate juice (POM works well)
- 1 oz. Vodka (as a preservative)
|A Rob Roy cocktail will put some blended Scotch to good use|
Tuesday, December 4, 2012
|The Scofflaw Cocktail is a great way to celebrate Repeal Day|
- 1 ½ oz. Rye Whiskey (Bulleit)
- 1 ½ oz. Dry Vermouth (Noilly Prat)
- ¾ oz. fresh lemon juice
- ¾ oz. grenadine
- 1 dash Orange Bitters
Wednesday, November 21, 2012
|Find something on sale to make a nice Manhattan.|
Saturday, November 10, 2012
|You can also mix Vespers by the pitcher,|
but they will be stirred, not shaken.
- 1 ½ oz Plymouth Gin (or premium gin of choice)
- ½ oz Ketel One Vodka
- ¼ oz Cocchi Apertivo Americano (or Lillet Blanc with Angostura)
Tuesday, October 30, 2012
|Volunteers set up for a whiskey tasting.|
Thursday, October 25, 2012
|Vendor drink cards feature cocktails |
made from new products.
|Samples of Jameson Whiskeys await tasting.|
|Dale DeGroff sings at the|
2011 opening reception.
|Bartender Kevin gives his opinion |
of the "The Barry Wall" cocktail
Friday, October 5, 2012
|Chassis the Robot won the 2011 PDXCW Human vs.|
Robot Bartender Competition
- A Welcome to Cocktail Week party, attended by some of the biggest names in the spirits business, and where no less a cocktail luminary than Dale DeGroff made me a Martini.
- The ladies’ Speed Rack competition to determine who the most skilled lady bartender in Portland was.
- A battle between bartenders and cocktail-making robots to determine who could make the best cocktails. It was like watching a drinking man’s John Henry do battle.
Thursday, October 4, 2012
|Vieux Carré may be served up, |
or on the rocks.
Sunday, September 30, 2012
|Bob for Apples combines the flavors of Rum, |
cinnamon and apples
Wednesday, September 19, 2012
|A Rapple Cocktail will prepare you for autumn.|
Tuesday, September 18, 2012
|Sazeracs are served without ice in a well-chilled glass.|
- 2 dashes Dale DeGroff Pimento Bitters
- 1 ounce Rye Whiskey
- 1ounce Cognac
- Splash of absinthe
- 1 small sugar cube
Monday, September 10, 2012
|This Martini service will keep your cocktail icy cold.|
Wednesday, August 29, 2012
- 2 oz Plata or Blanco Tequila (use your favorite)
- 1 oz Saint Germain Liqueur
- 1 oz Freshly squeezed Lime juice
- 1 Tsp Simple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp finely cubed fresh ginger
|Cubed ginger ripe for muddling.|
- Wash and dry your ginger as you would any root from the grocery store.
- Cut off any unwanted protuberances. (Note: A nice section of our demo root trims down to a regularly-shaped piece of ginger.)
- If possible, cut off a nice straight piece to use in cubing, a regularly shaped piece will be easy to peel and cut up. Your ginger may have a very irregular shape, so you may have to peel it with a paring knife or a vegetable peeler. Sometimes you can use a Chef’s knife if, due to the symmetry of the piece, it’s easy to cut off the skin.
- Cut the piece into thin slices based on the desired size of the cubes.
- Next, stack the slices and cut them into strips.
- Gather the slices and start cutting off the cubes until the ginger is cubed.
Thursday, August 16, 2012
|The Rapture Cocktail will float you up to heaven.|
Monday, August 13, 2012
- 1½ oz. SoCo Bold Black Cherry
- 4 oz. Coke Zero (or cola)
Sunday, August 12, 2012
|White Russian: the Dude's cocktail of choice.|
|Manhattan: an all time favorite Whiskey cocktail.|