- 2 oz Plata or Blanco Tequila (use your favorite)
- 1 oz Saint Germain Liqueur
- 1 oz Freshly squeezed Lime juice
- 1 Tsp Simple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp finely cubed fresh ginger
Visit my latest project, The World Cocktail Brain, now hosted at WebBrain.com. The WCB is a new way to expand your cocktail knowledge, discover new recipes, find cocktail facts and more in a dynamic, new viewing environment. It may take a few seconds to load, but it's worth waiting for! Click on this link to open The World Cocktail Brain in new tab/window. Click on this link to open My Blog Roll embedded in The World Cocktail Brain.
Wednesday, August 29, 2012
|Cubed ginger ripe for muddling.|
- Wash and dry your ginger as you would any root from the grocery store.
- Cut off any unwanted protuberances. (Note: A nice section of our demo root trims down to a regularly-shaped piece of ginger.)
- If possible, cut off a nice straight piece to use in cubing, a regularly shaped piece will be easy to peel and cut up. Your ginger may have a very irregular shape, so you may have to peel it with a paring knife or a vegetable peeler. Sometimes you can use a Chef’s knife if, due to the symmetry of the piece, it’s easy to cut off the skin.
- Cut the piece into thin slices based on the desired size of the cubes.
- Next, stack the slices and cut them into strips.
- Gather the slices and start cutting off the cubes until the ginger is cubed.
Thursday, August 16, 2012
|The Rapture Cocktail will float you up to heaven.|
Monday, August 13, 2012
- 1½ oz. SoCo Bold Black Cherry
- 4 oz. Coke Zero (or cola)
Sunday, August 12, 2012
|White Russian: the Dude's cocktail of choice.|
|Manhattan: an all time favorite Whiskey cocktail.|